If you have any safeguarding concerns please contact one of our designated safeguarding leads.
Safeguarding - Keeping Children Safe is Everyone's Responsibility
At SS Peter and Paul everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children; identifying concerns, sharing information and taking prompt action, if there are concerns. In order to fulfil this responsibility effectively, we make sure that our approach to any situation is child-centred. This means that we will act in the in what we consider to be in the best interests of the child. If we have any concerns about your child’s welfare we will discuss it with you. If we ever have any child protection concerns we will inform you prior to making a referral to an external agency, unless we feel that doing so may put a child at greater risk. We want to work with you to ensure your child’s safety and to help each family to get the support it needs.
The school will ensure a safe environment for all by:
- Clarifying standards of behaviour for staff, governors, visitors and pupils
- Contributing to the establishment of a safe, resilient and robust safeguarding ethos in the school, built on mutual respect, and shared values;
- Teaching children about safeguarding, including online safety, through teaching and learning opportunities, as part of broad and balance curriculum;
- Alerting staff to the signs and indicators of safeguarding issues including abuse and neglect;
- Developing staff awareness of the causes and consequences of abuse and neglect;
- Developing staff awareness of the risks and vulnerabilities their pupils face and addressing concerns at the earliest possible stage;
- Reducing the potential risks pupils face of being exposed to violence, extremism, exploitation or victimisation;
- Working in partnership with pupils, parents and agencies.